Current Job Openings
Veterinary Technician- Santa Barbara
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
We are looking for skilled technicians that are enthusiastic, responsible, friendly, and have a great attitude for a small two Doctor animal hospital in Montecito, Ca. Experience as an RVT is preferable, and good people skills, the ability to multitask, and ability to work in a team environment are a must.
Applicants must be able to meet the following:
- Assist doctors and co-workers at any time for any tasks.
- Monitor vital signs
- Managing medical records, charts, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Have strong attention-to-detail
- Placing catheters, obtain blood, stool, and other samples
- Test blood, stool, and other samples
- Take x-rays
- Prepare animals for surgery
- Perform dental procedures
- Emergency first aid
- Restrain animals during exams
- Administer anesthesia
- Administer medications and vaccines, and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian
- Good with animal restraint
- Be able to calmly handle difficult animals
- Capacity to work well during distressing situations
- Ability to work on public holidays, as needed
- Able to multitask, have a flexible schedule, and be able to lift at least 40 lbs
- No allergies to cats, dogs, any type of medication, cleaning products and animal waste
- Keep exam rooms and treatment areas in clean and presentable condition
- Helping to keep the whole facility clean at all times
- Must be able to work on Saturdays
- Maintain examination rooms, waiting area, front desk area, etc. in good and clean order
- Helping to keep the whole facility inside and outside clean at all times
The job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are open Mon-Fri: 8am to 5pm
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Montecito Hospital?
At Montecito Pet Hospital, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Montecito Pet Hospital, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.